Student Sponsorship Programme
At the heart of PCL’s mission is a commitment to ensure our business activities are supported by vigorously researched tools and concepts. The Student Sponsorship Programme is an opportunity to use PCL’s tools for your own research purposes whilst gaining valuable insight into what it’s like to work in a business psychology consultancy. This experience will prove highly beneficial for those looking to move into the industry and will help to increase the breadth and depth of research within our field.
Why Apply for the Student Sponsorship Programme?
- Access to PCL tools for use in research – our selection of psychometric assessments will be available for SSP participants to use
- Dissertation support – our research staff can offer support with analysing data and preparing dissertations
- Post-graduation support – PCL will support you in promoting your research through conference submissions, publications and media campaigns
- Work experience – PCL are keen to offer work experience opportunities to successful applicants, either face-to-face or remotely
SSP Professional Skills Event
As part of the Student Sponsorship Programme, participants will be invited to a Professional Skills Event taking place at our offices in Tunbridge Wells. This event will include:
- Meet and greet with PCL staff and an opportunity to talk to them about a career as an Occupational Psychologist
- Introductory session to PCL’s psychometric tools including how they were developed and their application
- A look at previous research projects undertaken by students in conjunction with PCL
- Business acumen session in which we will offer advice on how to manage your stakeholders throughout your research
- Networking and personal promotion guidance so you can gain the most value from the research you’ve produced
- Advice on striking out on your own as a consultant
If you are interested in taking part in our Student Sponsorship Programme, download the brochure which has further details about the benefits of the SSP and outlines the application process, including what to cover in your statement of interest.
Successful applicants to the SSP will gain free access to the following PCL tools for use in their research:
Profile:Match2™ is a personality assessment that can be configured to meet the needs of various contexts, roles and requirements. It is built upon the Five Factor Model of personality and uses algorithms to translate these factors into 27 different workplace competencies that help to predict on-the-job performance.
Profile:Match2™ also encompasses 6 values that can be used to identify the most significant motives, aspirations and principles that drive an individual in their decision-making processes.
The highly versatile tool can be tailored to a variety of situations and used across the employee assessment lifecycle, including Job Analysis, Selection, Development and 360° evaluation.
Risk Type Compass
The Risk Type Compass® personality assessment focuses on differences in the way individuals perceive, manage and make decisions about risk. Based on extensive global psychological research, it places individuals into one of eight distinctive Risk Types, providing insights that have important implications for individuals, teams and organisations.
Individuals are influenced by risk on a daily basis and comprehending how we react is essential to understanding performance, satisfaction and well-being in a wide range of professional settings. Notable examples of how the Risk Type Compass® has been used effectively across various job roles and sectors include projects in the health & safety, investment banking and auditing industries.