Please do not send us any personal data about anyone else without their permission.
Uses made of information collected
The personal information that we collect is used:
- to provide you with goods and services;
- for customer administration;
- for mailing information to you about our other goods and services in which you may be interested, including our regular newsletter, and, where relevant, information on organisations outside the UK who are authorised to offer PCL goods and services;
- to provide, on request, personalised computer-generated reports via our bureau computer-scoring services and through our PsyKey online assessment system;
- to personalise our service to you;
- to seek your views on products and services;
- for technical administration of our websites.
- use data collected through our computer-scoring services to produce statistics of the type described in our technical product manuals, eg norms and validity data;
- automatically collect data about visitors to our website (for example on browsing patterns) by using cookies.
In both these cases, the data is used only in an anonymous form; no individual is identified.
Right to opt out of direct communications
If you do not wish PCL to use your personal information for direct marketing of our goods and services, please notify us by email. (See Contact us.)
Please note, however, that occasionally we may need to communicate with you for administrative or operational reasons.
We use a third party tool called LeadIn as a way of subscribing users to our email newsletters and to find out useful information about our subscribers. This cookie is used to identify unique users to our site to ensure that the subscription form does not appear if a user has a already susbcribed.
Security and disclosure
We are committed to ensuring the security and integrity of personal information that we hold and have put in place appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to ensure this. We welcome updates at any time from our clients and enquirers relating to information that we hold about them.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- as necessary to fulfil your order(s) for our goods and services and to validate your payment details;
- to suppliers that process data on our behalf;
- in response to an expressed client need or request, to organisations outside the UK who are authorised to offer PCL goods and services;
- where we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of PCL, our customers or their clients, or the public.
Some of these third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area, eg credit card processing companies.
However, where an individual takes one of our instruments under the direction of one of our qualified customers, and PCL performs a service scoring that instrument for the customer, we will send the individual’s results to that customer in order that they may give appropriate feedback to the individual who took the instrument.
We may also provide your personal data to anyone to whom our business or business assets are transferred.
We may use and disclose aggregated and anonymised information for marketing, product development, strategic or research purposes. In such data, no individual customer will be identifiable.
As with all electronic communication, when you give us personal data by that means, the data may be sent electronically to servers anywhere in the world and may be used, stored and processed anywhere in the world, including countries outside the European Economic Area (many of whom do not have stringent data protection laws).
Links to other sites
This policy applies only to information collected by PCL. Links within our sites to those of other organisations are not covered by this policy.
Changes to this policy