Quantitative and Qualitative Reasoning
The Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI) evaluates critical reasoning to assess an individual’s ability to identify and solve problems and make business-related decisions using textual, graphic, and quantitative data. The HBRI is designed to predict occupational success and is the first psychometric to measure reasoning ability based on a theory of intelligence.
The HBRI is based on evolutionary psychology. Within this context, intelligence is the ability to reflect on one’s past actions, determine where the problems have occurred, and then devise methods to avoid repeating those problems in the future. Individual differences in this cognitive capacity enhance performance in every significant domain of human action.
To purchase HBRI reports, you must complete a free online webinar with Hogan Assessments. Contact our team to access the webinar.
Through an ongoing dedication to research and development, the HBRI is the only business-related measure of cognitive ability with all these essential features:
- Designed to predict occupational success
- Distinguishes between quantitative and qualitative reasoning abilities
- Useful for candidate screening and career/leadership development
- Developed exclusively on working adults
- Validated against business success criteria
- Online administration by protected access
- Instantaneous scoring and reporting output
- User-friendly reports available for selection or development
- 24 items representing verbal, quantitative, and graphic material
- 25 – 30 minute completion time
- Scores reflect individual differences in quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Items carefully developed to minimize reading requirements and adverse impact
- The HBRI is reliable, with internal consistency reliabilities in the .82 region