Did you catch the Netflix series, Squid Game? Not only did it make us hide behind our sofas, but it also made us think. Can Emotional Intelligence help us to reach the final Squid Game? PCL’s Erin Ferrie explores.
Picture this, you’ve received the invite. It’s time to play. Everything is at stake.
What’s one thing that will get you through? – Not strength or IQ, but Emotional Intelligence.
Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how we perceive and express ourselves. The EQ-i2.0 measure consists of 5 composites with 15 subthemes within. These composites consider:
- Self-opinion and understanding
- Self-expression to others
- Relationships and how we approach social situations
- Using and resisting using emotions in decision making
- Managing stress/coping with adversity.