Test User Ability & Test User Personality Training
As with all our courses, our Test User Ability & Test User Personality Training is comprehensive, regularly updated and will ensure you have a solid foundation on which to use psychometric tools ethically and appropriately. Our training is conducted via a blend of distance learning and face-to-face workshops, giving you the opportunity to study in your own time with full tutor support available.
Attaining the Test User Ability & Test User Personality qualifications:
- Enables registration on the BPS Register of Qualified Test Users (RQTU), a searchable database of qualified psychometric professionals
- Allows you to become a skilled and competent practitioner by obtaining a solid grounding in best practice use of personality and ability tests
- Provides you with the ability to assess people for recruitment and development purposes in a wide variety of contexts
Blended Learning Qualification
The Test User Ability & Personality course is split into five modules. Delegates complete the majority of the work via distance learning, at their own pace but typically devoting around 5-10 days. All delegates will be sent comprehensive notes to support their learning and will be allocated a dedicated Tutor who will offer ongoing support, via telephone or email, throughout the qualification process.
Two of the modules have a particularly practical focus, and most of the work for these will be completed during the two face-to-face workshop days.
Upon successful completion of all coursework and the practical days, delegates obtain the qualifications in Test User Ability, Test User Personality and the Hogan Personality Inventory, which will be submitted to the BPS for addition to the RQTU.
Price: £2,000 + VAT
We offer professional training courses in occupational testing in line with British Psychological Society (BPS) requirements. Our TUA & TUP course enables you to gain qualifications for Assistant Test User, Test User Ability and Test User Personality. These are the national standards for the professional use of psychometric tests and enable you to be listed on the BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use (BPS RQTU).
- The Assistant Test User course qualifies delegates to administer both ability and personality tests and covers concepts such as computer-based testing and ethical test use.
- The Test User Occupational Ability course qualifies delegates to administer, interpret and give oral and written feedback on ability, intelligence and aptitude tests.
- The Test User Occupational Personality qualifies delegates in the assessment of personality and the use of the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI). We also offer an option to qualify in the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ360 assessments rather than HPI should you wish.
PCL’s distance learning TUA & TUP course offers a flexible approach to completing this course. You only need to attend two days face-to-face to learn your test administration and HPI feedback skills. The rest of the work is done via pre and post coursework.
For more information call our office on +44 (0)1892 559 540, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Test User Ability Training provides delegates with all the skills needed to administer, interpret and provide feedback on ability tests, including numerical, verbal and practical reasoning.
Attendees will gain valuable skills in understanding the range and types of tests available on the market and will acquire valuable practical skills for interpreting test scores and giving comprehensive feedback to clients and candidates.
Course content includes:
- Understanding the importance of careful job analysis and competency profiling
- Familiarisation with the different types of ability tests and scoring systems
- Understanding of statistical and theoretical concepts, such as reliability and validity
- Issues around computer-based testing and security, and the importance of confidentiality and equal opportunities
- Essential practical skills, such as administering tests, giving feedback on the results and writing selection or development reports
The Test User Personality Training introduces the delegates to the concept of personality theory and ways of assessing it in a workplace context. The measurement of personality through psychometric questionnaires is explored, with a specific focus on the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI), a globally renowned and well-validated tool.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to the theories of personality
- Best practice guidelines on how to apply personality testing in the workplace setting
- Issues around fair testing and how to avoid distortion effects
- Practical skills in administering the HPI, interpreting scores and giving feedback on the results
- Personality based report writing skills for selection and development